Why Attend Denise Amber Lee Foundation Training and Expo Symposium?
- Sharpen the Saw: The seventh habit of highly effective people. Sometimes you have to take a break from the "work" of your work to sharpen your skills. A dull ax won't cut a tree nearly as effectively as a sharp one. Most attendees return from a conference with new ideas and approaches that make them more effective and efficient at work. Don't be the woodcutter hacking away at the tree with a dull ax while your neighboring agency cuts it down in half the time with a sharp one. Or uses a chainsaw she saw demonstrated at a conference.
- Meet Industry Experts and Influencers Face to Face: While not all conferences offer you the opportunity to meet your business idols, your chances are greatly improved when you're sharing the same space. Sometimes it's about taking a selfie with someone who's influenced you or sharing a business idea with someone you admire or making a connection that can lead to finding your next mentor.
- Networking Opportunities:Good conferences have opportunities for attendees to mix and mingle, form new relationships, and strengthen existing ones. Over coffee, lunch, or cocktails, you may make a connection with the perfect provider or prospect. At a breakout session, you may find yourself sitting next to your next customer or mentor.
- New Tools:Industry Partners often have tools to display that we haven't seen yet. Apps that make us faster, less prone to costly mistakes, or give us some other sort of edge. While undoubtedly, these products can be found at their websites, it's great to get a hands-on demonstration or be able to ask questions that are specific to your agency struggles from the company itself.
- New Tips and Tactics:The problem with the web is we believe that everything is at our fingertips. And maybe it is. But it's an overwhelming amount of data that we often can't crack or keeps us from the best material. A conference may curate new ideas to help improve our approach. Watching someone use an app that will help in your training room or at your console. This information can be found on the web somewhere, but the conference will help cut through the clutter.
- The Energy of other 911 Professionals:There's nothing like being in a room of all 911 Professionals. Other people who are willing to take time away from the agency and family to learn something new. Other people who want to "better" themselves and our industry.
- Invest in Yourself:Perhaps this was covered above. But leaving the office and sharpening the saw is investing yourself. It's admitting that you're worth it. It's acknowledging that you still have things to learn. That you can get better. It's an investment in yourself, your career, and your agency. When you purchase that conference3 ticket, and when you walk up to the registration desk, you're saying that you're investing in your growth.
- Have Fun:Conferences are fun! Live events with other people are fun. Making new connections is fun. Networking is fun. Learning is fun.
Conferences can be expensive. From the conference ticket to the plane ticket to the meals. And that doesn't include the time away from work. However, conferences provide a unique convergence of networking, learning, and fun into a single package. This conference will force you to grow and challenge yourself. And if you are the boss, allowing your employees to get away from the console, gain confidence in their ability, and bring fresh ideas back to the agency is just an investment in your agency.
Rich Brooks, (2015, July 15) https://www.takeflyte.com/reasons-to-attend-conferences
We have taken great strides to ensure we offer the best conference in the industry. We've listened to you from the industry and learned what you are looking for to grow personally and professionally. We believe you will find it at this conference.